Need a Novel Editor? Let’s Work Together!

If you’ve written a book that needs editing, I’d love to work with you!

Getting into publishing today is harder than ever. Thousands of writers (just like you) are submitting manuscripts to publishers or uploading self-published ebooks every day.

A professionally edited novel or nonfiction manuscript gives you a leg up on the competition. It makes your work stand out. Whether you’re planning to traditionally or self publish, a professional editor is indispensable in advancing your literary career.

I work with my clients on bringing out the best in their manuscripts, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, and crafting a story that agents, editors, and readers can’t put down. You’ve put the hard work into writing your novel, but now it’s time to polish it into something better than you ever imagined.

To check out my editing services, click here. I hope we’ll be working together soon!

-Ellen Brock

74 thoughts on “Need a Novel Editor? Let’s Work Together!

1. Lori says:

Hi there Ellen,
    I just wanted to thank you for teaching video’s. I feel like I Struck gold when I stumbled upon them on youtube. At 41 I have finally decided to get serious and put all my effort and pent up passion for writing children’s books on the front burner and give it a shot. My only experience with being published is with my poem called “A Broken Family Tree”. I have finally narrowed down a list of story idea’s I would like to focus on. For the most part my heart is geared towards children and teens. I have many idea’s running through my head daily that are directed at stories of purpose that could help young one’s understand and heal from brokenness. Family and teaching self worth by connecting the kids with character’s who have maybe gone through similar trials at a young age and how they overcame the obstacles that stood in their way as well as reaching out for help. With all these plots that come to mind I feel more led to a series of themed book’s and I would really love to know more about your mentoring and editing fee’s. I need a guiding light and yours as shone the brightest. 😆
    If you have a free moment at some point you I love it if you would check out my website on WordPress called abrokenfamilytree.com it’s barely begun but I have two poems I’ve written and you could get an idea of what my style of writing is and if you think you can put some polish on this rusty thought box I’ve been keeping safely tucked away in my head. 😉
    Hope you have a wonderful day,
    Lori

2. Jkeil says:

Your videos are really helpful and I want to thank you. I am in the process of writing a novel and I have a question? Is it okay if you base your book off of Greek mythology?

• Ellen_Brock says:

Thanks for watching my videos!

As long as you base it off of the original myths you should be fine. Just don’t base it off of a newer film/book adaptation of the myths because it’s possible for components to be under copyright. That said, I can’t give solid legal advice. This is just what is true to my knowledge.

• trazanacho says:

You bet! I had my first story published when I was 16. The key for you is to write as often as you can and work harder than everybody else in all of your English classes. Never throw any story you’ve written away. Somewhere down through the years you’ll find cool nuggets of ideas you can polish later – and it never hurts to see how far you’ve progressed.

Watch all of Ellen’s videos – you’ll be light years ahead of the rest of the crowd! 😉

3. Aliza Khan says:

Hello Ellen! Just want to say that your videos are great! They are so helpful…… I am interested in writing a novel and have almost begun. I just wanted to thank u for the support i got from you!
    Thanks, love
    Aliza Khan ❤

4. westfalen45 says:

Well, I may be doing this all wrong but this is the only place I could find to request a writing friend/reviewer for the novel bootcamp. I am not on Twitter and would like to communicate with someone by email. If I’m really out of line as to the rules please set me straight – but be gentle, my ms is already beating me up!

5. rpfxtahuvw@gmail.com says:

This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Great job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

6. Dexter Price says:

I’ve just came across you youtube page this morning and I had to sit and watch all your videos! I am going back to apply some of your tips to my writing! I love it!

7. Jim says:

Hi Ellen, I too found you through YouTube, which led me here. Thank you for the many tips you freely share. They will come in handy while I write the 2nd half of my first book and possibly re-write the first. Oh, and I will keep you in mind when the day comes.

Thanks again
    Jim

8. Julie Swahn says:

Hi Ellen! You know, I used to waste soo much time on youtube watching goofy videos or whiling away the hours (in my free-time) listening to music/watching the accompanying videos. Now? I feel confident to at least put myself out there by writing and polishing some ideas I’ve had in my mind for a decade or more. What do I really have to lose? I could tighten them if they seem too first-novel sloppy. I know that in this field, practice really helps one improve their skills and nudges their courage to put themselves out there! I used to work for a publishing co. so I have some background, though that was a really long time ago. Thanks a million for your tutorial videos and know that many people out there other than myself are incredibly grateful for all of it. I’ll probably be recruiting your editing service at some point and it feels good to know it would be a comfortable experience because of your lovely style of tutoring. Best to you, Julie.

9. Brenda says:

Hi Ellen,
    Thank you for your videos. I have written a type of book that I’m not sure fits into any one genre. It is about my suffering through depression for 20 years, but how I now live reasonably happy and have been for the past 12 years. With suicide being the number two cause of death among teenagers, I feel this book has a different approach on the matter than some of the other well-being books. My journey to this happier life all started with just the right book for me at that time which I give mention to in the first chapter. Nothing would make me happier than if my book could change the direction of someone else’s miserable mindset. Do you edit this type of book as well?